HISTORY OF PERSIS
Persis is a Michigan-based IT Systems Integrator focused on “connected systems.” Established in 1999, Persis has had the good fortune of working with such marquee clients as GM/OnStar, Volkswagen, TeleAtlas/TomTom, Motorola, AT&T, Bell Canada, EDS, HP, IBM, SAIC, Inflective and many more.
Our efforts focus on these three areas:
(1) Fixed cost or turn-key project development in areas that include:
- Enterprise systems integration
- Connected systems integration
- Infotainment systems
- Diagnostic systems
- Advanced concept prototyping
- Embedded systems development
- Smartphone/device integration
(2) Agile and Scrum-based project management
Persis has been a driving force behind advanced technologies developed for a major domestic OEM both as a systems integrator delivering at near-Six Sigma operating levels (winning awards in 2003 & 2005), and as a developer of rapid prototypes showcased at major domestic and European electronic events.
While we’re currently involved in the development of components for next-generation infotainment systems, the expertise and experience we’ve gained enables us to leverage that knowledge ton behalf of industries that are just entering the connected space — such as medical devices and remote medical diagnosis systems.
- 1999 — Established as a one-man consulting service
- 2000 — Part of a major launch of the first telematics platform by a FORTUNE 500 firm. This positioned us to compete successfully with global companies that offer integration services such as EDS, IBM, HP, Compuware, Capgemini, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and others.
- 2001 — We replaced the 80-man team of a global systems integrator with a six-person team on a highly visible project that had run into technological and budgeting difficulties. This rescued project was delivered in a short time frame with an outstanding level of quality — all at a fraction of the original cost. This effort set us on the path of delivering numerous fixed-cost and turn-key projects ever since.
- 2005 & 2007 — Winner of two CIO Awards and a President’s Award at a major American OEM
- 2012 — Persis develops the TracVisor family of products to collect crowd-sourced data
- Currently a 40-person organization focused on connected systems
- Today, Persis works with a wide network of partners and collaborators allowing us to address projects in a wide range of domains from artful to highly-engineered systems.