|Job Name||Systems Engineer|
|Posting Date||Aug 02, 2018|
Mail Resume to: Persis Careers
- Work with feature/Module owners within different organizations such as Connected Vehicles products & platforms, Research & Advanced Engineering, Security, IT, and other organizations to develop new features and functions related to current and future TCU variants/generations globally.
- Help define and develop next generations of telematics features in alignment with technology growth and future trends.
- Lead the development, validation, and launch of the Telematics Control Unit and its features, in conjunction with the in house hardware and software development teams.
- Work with cross functional teams to help define protocol and message structure for vehicle to cloud communication.
- Own & maintain TCU core system specification, and develop detailed sub-system & system level (end to end) test plans.
- Execute system tests as required to support lead program launch.
- Work closely with the in house development team, Connected Vehicles Products & Platforms, and IVI systems team to analyze and resolve system issues related to the TCU.
- Lead and drive resolution of engineering issues by working with internal cross functional team and suppliers.
- Author and manage any design change requests related to the TCU.
- Evaluate incoming feature requests (Design change requests - DCRs) and identify System impact needs based on these requests.
- Quantify feature release quality by evaluating projected software defect rate, number of open defects, etc.
- Perform benchmark studies and remain current with latest technologies and competitive products as means to drive new innovative features and functions pertinent to RF chipset and Telematics module design.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in Telematics and automotive infotainment system design and development
- 3+ years of experience in automotive connectivity solutions such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, vehicle networking
- 2+ years of experience with embedded module architecture: Microcontrollers, SoC, Flash, RAM, device drivers
- 3+ years knowledge of Vehicle CAN / LIN communication networks
- Independent worker and capable of delivering multiple project commitments concurrently.
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Thorough understanding of embedded Telematics and cellular technologies 2G/3G/4G (CDMA, GSM/EDGE,
WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA+, LTE) for devices and core networks (MSC, HLR, VLR, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of 3GPP/3GPP2 standards
- Experience of working with carriers and understanding of PLMN, HPLMN, RPLMN, VPLMN,EHPLMN, OPLMN
- Detailed understanding of configuration and software reflash thru OTA reflash mechanisms
- General understanding of CAN and OTA (Over The Air) security requirements.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle to cloud connectivity: APN, VPN, TCP/IP stack etc. with associated security elements like SSL, message level encryption, code signing etc.
- Good overall understanding/experience with high speed communication buses like USB, Ethernet etc. for automotive applications.
- General understanding of in vehicle HMI requirements related to connected vehicle feature.