|Job Name||Launch Specialist|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Posting Date||Dec 20, 2019|
eMail Resume to: Persis Careers
• 7-10 years
o Experience in project management (expert-level)
o Experience in leading a team
o Experience in process optimization
o Experience in budget management
o Experience in working with multiple internal suppliers & vendors
o Experience in facilitating meetings with multiple teams at different levels of management
• Bachelor's degree
• Spanish or German (business fluent)
• 7-10 years of experience in project management including planning, coordinating, escalating critical topics, managing confidential information & leading teams
• Strategic planning and operational delivery – understanding business objectives, aligning tasks, and spearheading initiatives
• Consultative process optimization – current-state, vision, future-state, pilot
• Integrate across diverse areas at different levels of management
• Seasoned communicator experienced in the diverse cultures of a global company including manufacturing sites, engineering, and HQ
• Develop strong working relationships across many layers of an organization & across cultural boundaries
• Ability to communicate & interact effectively with all levels of the organization & agencies/suppliers
• Ability to create executive-level presentations
• Advanced Computer Skills– expert-level knowledge of Excel, Access, SharePoint (JS, CSS, XML, ASPX, etc.), PowerPoint
• Master's degree
• PMP certification
• Knowledge of relevant vehicle segments in the US market
• This role will require travel across USA, Germany, and Mexico: approx. 15%.
• Manage, steer, and drive all launch relevant deliverables from initial strategic planning and kickoff, through all phases of the launch management lifecycle, through market intro and post launch monitoring & metrics.
• Oversee the development of the vision, strategy and implementation for bringing our new vehicles, technology and powertrains to market. Ensure alignment across all departments and functions, and consistent tone and messaging throughout all launch activities.
• Responsible for developing and presenting scenarios, recommendations and guidance to senior leaders and executives across the organization based on extensive experience in risk and launch management.
• Strong leadership is mandatory including partnerships across the entire VWGoA organization (HQ, satellite offices, VW Chattanooga, VW Mexico, and Volkswagen AG); manage overall launch schedule & milestones to ensure accountability among all stakeholders for high impact deliverables and milestones.
Launch Management and Control
• Ensure timely submission and publication of launch relevant deliverables from all process partners.
• Oversee all related launch processes and documentation from stakeholders, ensuring schedule & content requirements are met for all launch milestones.
• Manage content, reporting and escalation for key management meetings including, but not limited to, Executive Launch Meetings, Organizational Launch Kickoff, Strategic Launch Meetings, Launch Issue Escalation & Resolution Meetings, After Action/Lessons Learned Launch Meetings, etc.
• Make critical decisions on behalf of Marketing and Sales in Launch Meetings.
• In collaboration with Product Planning, propose strategic improvements in product positioning development & product information cascade for all internal departments and external agency partners through new vehicle and technology launch implementation and documentation.
• With VWoA Sales, steer the determination of Market Introduction volume, timing and trim/color mix while considering production constraints; work with NAR counterparts and Factories to optimize production ramp-up when possible and based on Market needs.
Launch Strategy and Planning
• Lead the development and implementation of carline, technology & powertrain launch strategies and plans, ensuring collaboration across the organization with an eye toward maximizing launch impact, awareness and return on investment through strong go-to-market launch strategies.
• Oversee all functional vehicle plans and strategies to ensure full launch readiness within defined timelines and budget, and lead the effort to identify and mitigate risks.
• Engage key stakeholders across the organization (HQ, Factories, WOB, etc.), and challenge/motivate the organization to continuously deliver Best in Class launches.
• Manage the strategic oversight and governance process for all product, technology & powertrain launches to ensure appropriate information sharing, issue/risk identification and resolution across departments.
• Lead benchmarking studies to ensure continuous improvement and Best in Class launches.
• Lead the creation and implementation of overall confidentiality & information release strategy for each launch (both carline and technology) for employees, field, dealers and media including end-of-secrecy debut, release of Stufenplan, pricing release, etc.
• Communicate & coordinate across VWoA, VW Mexico and with VWAG on new product launches, production timing, auto show debuts, port releases, and various launch-related topics.
Team Leadership responsibilities
• Define targets and work packages for launch stakeholders on business targets.
• Regularly review progress and adjust targets/work packages if necessary.
• Support launch stakeholders’ development according to Volkswagen HR programs.
• Provide coaching to achieve objectives and improve performance.