|Job Name||System Engineer|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Posting Date||May 31, 2018|
eMail Resume to: Persis Careersic
Provide 3rd level operational data network support for 55+ VWGoA sites and the VWGoA Data Center network.
• Replaces and configures end of life equipment and/or upgrades to all data network equipment on the VWGoA data network.
• Informs management of critical issues that may affect clients or the infrastructure and provides recommendations for mitigation.
• Works with network product vendors and VWGoA Enterprise Architect and Network Team Lead to implement network improvements, and new data network products and technology.
• Involved in troubleshooting a wide range of issues including electronic data traffic, network security, domain name servers, network load balancing, virtual private networks, local area networks, wireless local area networks and firewalls.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all network problems.
• Analyze and understand the organization's environment and architecture.
• Interface with VWoA (CERT) Computer Emergency Response Team as needed to analyze and respond to CERT messages and mitigate risks as appropriate.
• Audit third-party providers for compliance with VWGoA network support and implementation policies as needed.
• Maintains required documentation for all data network activities.
• Troubleshoots complex network issues within prescribed service levels.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or a related discipline;
2. Understanding of core IT concepts including networking and access control;
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Cisco CCNA
5. Deploying/ Managing Network Automation tools
6. Cisco Networks
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real life experience in Data Networking
• Cisco CCNP (Desired)
• Network Automation Experience (Preferred: Ansible)
• 5-7 years of proven security analysis, engineering, or operational experience.
Experience with each of the following preferred:
• Ethernet switching
• Domain Name Servers
• Hands on knowledge of Cisco Networks, including Switches, Routers, Wireless, TACACS+
• Hands on knowledge of F5 Networks, Load balancer (LTM, GTM, Vipron).
• Hands on knowledge of Riverbed Networks, WAN Optimization.
• Hands on knowledge of Infoblox, including Domain Name Server/ DHCP/ IPAM.
• Capturing and interpreting TCP/IP packets.
- Customer Focus
- Process Orientation
- Results Driven
1. Problem Solving- creating options and solutions
2. Computer Savvy - skilled in networking, software, Internet, etc
3. Analytical Thinking- using logic and reason
4. Persuasion / Motivation- moving others to action