|Job Name||Technology Strategist|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Posting Date||Feb 13, 2018|
eMail Resume to: Persis Careers
Role Responsibilities :
• Provide 3rd level operational telephony network support for 54 sites and the Data Center network.
• Provide telephony architectural design for all future data telephony deployments
• Reviews industry best practices to create reliable telephony network solutions for applications to run over.
• Provide recommends on end of life equipment and/or upgrades to all telephony network equipment on the telephony network.
• Reviews business requirements, looks at solutions that exist in-house and determines if existing solutions can be extended to the current requirement.
• Informs management of critical issues that may affect clients or the infrastructure and provides recommendations for mitigation.
• Works with commercial telephony product vendors in the design and evaluation of telephony network products and technology.
• Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, voice over IP traffic, virtual private networks, local area networks, wireless local area networks and unified communications.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all telephony problems.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all IT problems of a severity 1 or severity 2 nature.
• Analyze and understand the organization's environment and architecture.
• Interface with (CERT) Computer Emergency Response Team as needed to analyze and respond to CERT messages and mitigate risks as appropriate.
• Prepare, schedule, and present quarterly telephony risk assessments.
• Evaluate all telephony hardware and operating systems as needed to ensure they meet and industry standards.
• Audit third-party providers for compliance with telephony support and implementation policies as needed.
• Maintains required documentation for all telephony network activities.
Years of Experience:
• 5-7 years
Formal Education or Equivalent:
• Understanding of core IT concepts including networking and access control
• Understanding of unified communication technology and protocols.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience with each of the following preferred:
o Private Branch eXchange
o Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
o Voice Mail Systems
o Voice over IP
o H.323 & SIP
o Call routing
o Integrated Services Digital Network
o Have hands on knowledge of Avaya equipment
o Experience with SOMOS or SMS/800
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science, or a related discipline;
• ITIL certification in Foundation
Specialized Skills, Knowledge, Certifications, etc.
• 5-7 years of proven security analysis, engineering, or operational experience.