|Job Name||System Engineer|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Posting Date||May 31, 2018|
eMail Resume to: Persis Careers
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Data Network & Telecom Strategy, implements, maintains standards and procedures to protect the integrity and availability of information systems, telecommunications network and data network. The position is responsible for 3rd level operational network engineering including the planning, design, and implementation of both hardware and operating systems per the Telephony policy. The Telephony Engineer provides a timely response to approved business unit, developer, and administrator community requests for assistance including project support. The position requires participation in a 24-hour on-call support for scheduled changes and to research and resolve data network problems/issues. In addition to verifying organizational compliance with established policies and procedures, the Telephony Engineer will be responsible for the health and daily monitoring of data Telephony equipment and services, these can include PBX, Voice Servers, Voice Mail servers, CMS, voice circuits, 1-800 numbers and telephony monitoring tools.
Role Responsibilities :
• Provide 3rd level operational telephony network support for 54 VWGoA sites and the VWGoA Data Center network.
• Provide telephony architectural design for all future data telephony deployments
• Reviews industry best practices to create reliable telephony network solutions for applications to run over.
• Provide recommends on end of life equipment and/or upgrades to all telephony network equipment on the VWGoA telephony network.
• Reviews business requirements, looks at solutions that exist in-house and determines if existing solutions can be extended to the current requirement.
• Informs management of critical issues that may affect clients or the infrastructure and provides recommendations for mitigation.
• Works with commercial telephony product vendors in the design and evaluation of telephony network products and technology.
• Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, voice over IP traffic, virtual private networks, local area networks, wireless local area networks and unified communications.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all telephony problems.
• Will be expected to interface and support incident resolution with 1st and 2nd level support teams with all IT problems of a severity 1 or severity 2 nature.
• Analyze and understand the organization's environment and architecture.
• Interface with VWoA (CERT) Computer Emergency Response Team as needed to analyze and respond to CERT messages and mitigate risks as appropriate.
• Prepare, schedule, and present quarterly telephony risk assessments.
• Evaluate all telephony hardware and operating systems as needed to ensure they meet VWGoA and industry standards.
• Audit third-party providers for compliance with VWGoA telephony support and implementation policies as needed.
• Maintains required documentation for all telephony network activities.